MLBPPLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MLBPPLand

This is a forum for people that own either MLB Power Pros 2007, 2008, or the Japanese Power Pros games to discuss the Power Pros games. This forum is also the home of the RPGs.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Stars Season Log: Ready To Win

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
AnthonyP
S-Player
S-Player
AnthonyP

The Stars Season Log: Ready To Win Empty
PostSubject: The Stars Season Log: Ready To Win   The Stars Season Log: Ready To Win EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 12:27 am

February 10, 2011

I don't know how, but my best friend, Yabe, made it to the pros and I didn't. I was left to drown, my eyes wet with tears, alone on the road of life.

I didn't know what I was going to do, or how to make things better. All I knew was baseball, and without it I was stuck working at a McDonald's in Hiroshima.

Then, one day, everything changed.

I got a call from Yabe, who I hadn't talked to in a few years, and was informed that the NPB was creating two additional teams, the Stars and the Wolves, and Yabe stated that he would be playing for the Stars. He followed this by saying that he talked to the owner, and that the owner said the team needed a GM. He then invited me to be the new GM of the Stars organization.

So here I am in my fancy new office, preparing myself to lead this team to victory.

--------------------------------------------------------

Roster coming soon!
Back to top Go down
L-Train7
Admin
Admin
L-Train7

PostSubject: Re: The Stars Season Log: Ready To Win   The Stars Season Log: Ready To Win EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 1:27 am

Yay! A JPPY log!
Back to top Go down
https://mlbppland.forumotion.com
AnthonyP
S-Player
S-Player
AnthonyP

PostSubject: Re: The Stars Season Log: Ready To Win   The Stars Season Log: Ready To Win EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 12:09 pm

Yeah. I'm making the Wolves through board game mode so I can get them done, and then the games will start.

EDIT: Also, staff positions are available. There will only be one scout since Liam is the only person on here besides myself that has JPPY '11. But there are staff positions available as GM's Assistant, hitting coach, and pitching coach, so if you want a staff position, PM me your person's info. Liam, please PM me your info so you can be my scout. Don't make the players TOO good, though.
Back to top Go down
L-Train7
Admin
Admin
L-Train7

PostSubject: Re: The Stars Season Log: Ready To Win   The Stars Season Log: Ready To Win EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 2:30 pm

Anthony, if you are going to have staff positions, you might as well do this on world. Because Ham Bone is an occasional user, Skittles is done, and so are all the other guys.
Back to top Go down
AnthonyP
S-Player
S-Player
AnthonyP

PostSubject: Re: The Stars Season Log: Ready To Win   The Stars Season Log: Ready To Win EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 2:38 pm

What? Skittles left?

Maybe I'll just skip staff positions. I will not do this on world. Period.

BTW, where's Liam?
Back to top Go down
L-Train7
Admin
Admin
L-Train7

PostSubject: Re: The Stars Season Log: Ready To Win   The Stars Season Log: Ready To Win EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 2:40 pm

Not very active here anymore, he just comes on for the Daily Pick. Skittles is more of a one forum guy.
Back to top Go down
AnthonyP
S-Player
S-Player
AnthonyP

PostSubject: Re: The Stars Season Log: Ready To Win   The Stars Season Log: Ready To Win EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 3:06 pm

We need to get Liam on here as much as possible. We need to PM Skittles, Liam, and Hammy on World ASAP!
Back to top Go down
L-Train7
Admin
Admin
L-Train7

PostSubject: Re: The Stars Season Log: Ready To Win   The Stars Season Log: Ready To Win EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 3:18 pm

You can get Skittles...
Back to top Go down
AnthonyP
S-Player
S-Player
AnthonyP

PostSubject: Re: The Stars Season Log: Ready To Win   The Stars Season Log: Ready To Win EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 3:42 pm

Okay, you get Liam and Hammy.
Back to top Go down
AnthonyP
S-Player
S-Player
AnthonyP

PostSubject: Re: The Stars Season Log: Ready To Win   The Stars Season Log: Ready To Win EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 2:22 pm

February 20, 2011

Today I walked into my office and was greeted as usual by James Tanaka, my assistant. He handed me a sheet which I assumed was the roster, and one look told me I was correct.

Starting lineup:
1. Malachi Rippy CF (2CDSCEC)
2. Yabe LF (3BBADED)
3. Vince Verde RF (3DBCEEE)
4. Thunder Jones 1B (CACDDB)
5. L-Train Sweany C/1B (4DAESDD)
6. Tyrell Jackson 3B (3CCDADD)
7. Jacob Percy 2B/SS (4CCCCDD)
8. Brad Bradley DH/3B (3CCCFDD)
9. Anthony Palmer SS (2DCCDDD)

Bench:
Julio Martinez OF (1CFFEEF)
Steve Jamison 2B (2DEEFFC)
Andrew Palmer C (3FEFCCE)
Kevin Thomas OF 3DCFFEE)
Damian Wilkins SS (2ECFCFF)
Jonathan Roscoe OF (1AFFEFF)
Mike Napoli 1B (3FCEGGF)

Starting Rotation:
1. James Hamilton (149 km/h, D, S, 4 CB, 3 CHG)
2. Robert Lee (145 km/h, B, A, 3 CB, 2 CHG)
3. Logan Dorrell (151 km/h, E, A, 2 SLD, 2 CB, 1 CHG)
4. Mitch Roberts (147 km/h, B, A, 2 SLD, 3 CB)
5. Kayato Onishi (146 km/h, E, B, 3 CB, 1 CHG)

Relievers:
Chuck James (138, B, E, 5 SLD, 2 CB)
Alex Richards (131 km/h, E, F, 1 SLD, 5 CB, 1 SNK)
Jack Nathan (134 km/h, E, D, 2 SLD, 2 CB, 1 CHG)
Roberto Villegas (143 km/h, E, D, 1 CB, 3 SNK)
Sittch Werbermanjensen (141, F, F, 1 CHG, 6 SNK)
Umi Pawa (140 km/h, E, E, 1 CB, 3 CHG)
Colton "Skittles" Bartlett (133, D, F, 2 SLD, 1 CB)

This was a varied group, but I had and still have confidence that we can win it all.
-------------------------------------
Okay, so on these players the pitch types are not exact, they are just the direction they go. For example, CB = curve-type pitch. Also, special abilities are not mentioned. Games coming soon!

Last edited by AnthonyP on Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
L-Train7
Admin
Admin
L-Train7

PostSubject: Re: The Stars Season Log: Ready To Win   The Stars Season Log: Ready To Win EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 5:59 pm

L-Train Sweany eh? I'm more of a contact hitter/fielder, I don't hit for power. Am I a lefty?
Back to top Go down
AnthonyP
S-Player
S-Player
AnthonyP

PostSubject: Re: The Stars Season Log: Ready To Win   The Stars Season Log: Ready To Win EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 6:16 pm

No, I just needed a catcher/first baseman and I wanted to make a guy for you. So I did that. Besides, I already have a lefty catcher on the team.
Back to top Go down
AnthonyP
S-Player
S-Player
AnthonyP

PostSubject: Re: The Stars Season Log: Ready To Win   The Stars Season Log: Ready To Win EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 5:57 pm

March 28, 2011

Today was our first game.

I was extremely nervous when we arrived, wondering if we could pull off a win against the Buffaloes in our inaugural game.

We had James Hamilton on the hill, which gave me some confidence, but I still was unsure.

Stars (0-0): 1 @ Buffaloes (0-0): 0

Stars' Hitting:
M. Rippy: 2-4, CS
Yabe: 1-4, 2B
V. Verde: 0-4
T. Jones: 1-4, HR (1), RBI, R
L. Sweany: 0-4, K
T. Jackson: 0-4
J. Percy: 2-3
B. Bradley: 1-3
A. Palmer: 0-3

Stars' Pitching:
J. Hamilton: W (1-0), 9 IP, 0 R, 5 H, 5 K

Players of the Game: Thunder Jones and James Hamilton

Well, our first game was quite a success, if I do say so myself.

Hamilton never had more than two men on base in an inning, and struck out five while pitching a complete game.

Jones, meanwhile, hit a homer in the fourth inning with nobody on base to score the only run of the game and give us the win.

All in all, a great game for the Stars.
Back to top Go down
L-Train7
Admin
Admin
L-Train7

PostSubject: Re: The Stars Season Log: Ready To Win   The Stars Season Log: Ready To Win EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 5:59 pm

0-4?! Cummon Lucas!
Back to top Go down
AnthonyP
S-Player
S-Player
AnthonyP

PostSubject: Re: The Stars Season Log: Ready To Win   The Stars Season Log: Ready To Win EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 6:15 pm

Sorry about not doing this sooner. I got lazy about it.

Yeah, Sweany had a rough game. His mode was red, too. Hmm.
Back to top Go down
AnthonyP
S-Player
S-Player
AnthonyP

PostSubject: Re: The Stars Season Log: Ready To Win   The Stars Season Log: Ready To Win EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 6:38 pm

March 29, 2011

I went into this game a lot more confident than last time, sure that even if we lost, we'd give the Buffaloes a good game.

Stars (1-0-0): 5 @ Buffaloes (0-1-0): 0

Stars' Hitting:
M. Rippy: 1-4, R
Yabe: 1-4, RBI
V. Verde: 1-4, DP
T. Jones: 3-4, HR (2), 2 RBI, 2 R
L. Sweany: 1-4
T. Jackson: 0-4, RBI, R
J. Percy: 1-4
B. Bradley: 3-4, RBI
A. Palmer: 1-4, R, 2 DP

Stars' Pitching:
R. Lee: W (1-0), 9 IP, 0 R, 7 H, 6 K

Players of the Game: Robert Lee & Tyrell Jackson

Today's game was incredible, as we posted 5 runs on 12 hits!

Our first 2 runs came in the second inning, starting with a Jackson RBI groundout, and later in the inning a Bradley RBI single. We would score three more times in the game, those being on a Jones homer in the sixth, an RBI single by Palmer, and an RBI single by Yabe.

Defensively, we did great, with Lee pitching a complete game and striking out 6 batters. But there were times where the Buffaloes came within 90 feet of scoring, and either Lee would work himself out of it, or a fielder would make a play and get us out, the most notable being in the fifth, with men on first and second for the Buffaloes, the ball was hit to center field, where it bounced before Rippy picked it up and gunned it home to nab the man rounding third.

Man, what a game.

After the game, I went down to the clubhouse to congratulate the guys on a job well done.

Last edited by AnthonyP on Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MrLiamcar
S-Player
S-Player
MrLiamcar

PostSubject: Re: The Stars Season Log: Ready To Win   The Stars Season Log: Ready To Win EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 9:19 pm

Nice game, but I would appreciate it if you got the box score for the other team too.
Back to top Go down
AnthonyP
S-Player
S-Player
AnthonyP

PostSubject: Re: The Stars Season Log: Ready To Win   The Stars Season Log: Ready To Win EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 2:45 pm

I just don't keep up with it because I don't translate Japanese. They had 7 hits as a team, but their pitching sucked.
Back to top Go down
AnthonyP
S-Player
S-Player
AnthonyP

PostSubject: Re: The Stars Season Log: Ready To Win   The Stars Season Log: Ready To Win EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 4:40 pm

June 15, 2008

There were 2 outs in the ninth, and we had a 1-0 lead, competing for a spot in the Playoffs. The opposing team's strongest hitter stepped up to the plate.

I got a signal from the catcher, who was calling for a curveball, the pitch I was famed for. I agreed, then wound up to throw the pitch. As my arm swept through for the pitch, I felt a sudden stab of pain. The ball only flew about halfway to the plate, while I fell to the ground.

I knew immediately I was out for the rest of that game at least, so we brought in another pitcher, who gave up a homer on his first pitch.

And just like that, we had lost our chance to get into the playoffs.

But worse things were on their way.

After the game, I went to see the doctor, who said that my elbow was in such bad shape that I would never be able to pitch again.

March 30, 2011

I woke up in a cold sweat, taking a moment to realize that I had had the dream again. That had to be at least the hundredth time I've had it, and even now it haunts me.
Back to top Go down
AnthonyP
S-Player
S-Player
AnthonyP

PostSubject: Re: The Stars Season Log: Ready To Win   The Stars Season Log: Ready To Win EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 6:34 pm

March 30, 2011

Going into today's game, I felt extremely hopeful that we could start the season with a sweep of the Buffaloes.

We had Logan Dorrell, our #3 pitcher, on the hill.

Stars (2-0-0): 2 @ Buffaloes (0-2-0): 1

Stars' Hitting:
M. Rippy: 0-4, DP
Yabe: 1-4, 2B, R
V. Verde: 1-3, RBI
T. Jones: 0-3
L. Sweany: 0-3, DP
T. Jackson: 1-3, 2B
J. Percy: 0-3, DP
B. Bradley: 1-3, 2B, R
A. Palmer: 1-3, RBI

Stars' Pitching:
L. Dorrell: W (1-0), 7 IP, 0 R, 8 H, 2 K
C. James: 1 IP, 1 R, 1 ER, 3 H, 0 K
C. Bartlett: Sv (1), 1 IP, 0 R, 0 H, 0 K

That was one heck of a game.

The Buffaloes' starting pitcher, Kondoh, pitched a perfect game for the first 5 1/3 innings before giving up a double to Bradley, who was subsequently driven in by a Palmer single.

Kondoh finished the sixth, then was pulled. The pitcher who came in for him proceeded to give up a lead-off double to Yabe, then proceeded to give up an RBI single to Verde.

Logan Dorrell was pulled after seven innings on our side, and replaced by Chuck James, who pitched well in the eighth, so we left him in for the ninth.

Big mistake.

James proceeded to give up a lead-off solo homer to the Buffaloes' first baseman, Hessman, then gave up a double to the next batter before being pulled for Colton "Skittles" Bartlett. Skittles proceeded to get 3 straight outs to end the game.
Back to top Go down
L-Train7
Admin
Admin
L-Train7

PostSubject: Re: The Stars Season Log: Ready To Win   The Stars Season Log: Ready To Win EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 7:23 pm

Sweep!
Back to top Go down
AnthonyP
S-Player
S-Player
AnthonyP

PostSubject: Re: The Stars Season Log: Ready To Win   The Stars Season Log: Ready To Win EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 9:47 pm

Yep!

Did you read the backstory?
Back to top Go down
MrLiamcar
S-Player
S-Player
MrLiamcar

PostSubject: Re: The Stars Season Log: Ready To Win   The Stars Season Log: Ready To Win EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 10:08 pm

How could you miss it?
Back to top Go down
AnthonyP
S-Player
S-Player
AnthonyP

PostSubject: Re: The Stars Season Log: Ready To Win   The Stars Season Log: Ready To Win EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 11:13 pm

Pretty good, huh?
Back to top Go down
L-Train7
Admin
Admin
L-Train7

PostSubject: Re: The Stars Season Log: Ready To Win   The Stars Season Log: Ready To Win EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 12:01 am

Yeah, sure...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Stars Season Log: Ready To Win   The Stars Season Log: Ready To Win Empty

Back to top Go down

The Stars Season Log: Ready To Win
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next